We apply the andragogic guiding principles
At SSBH we apply the andragogic guiding principles. The modules will be centered around the principles, and helping our students fulfill them. Our students are expected to attempt to better themselves, as to fulfill the principles.
1. Self-concept: As a person matures, his self concept moves from one of being a dependent personality toward one of being a self-directed human being.
2. Experience: As a person matures he accumulates a growing reservoir of experience that becomes an increasing resource for learning.
3. Readiness to learn. As a person matures his readiness to learn becomes oriented increasingly to the developmental tasks of his social roles.
4. Orientation to learning. As a person matures his time perspective changes from one of postponed application of knowledge to immediacy of application, and accordingly his orientation toward learning shifts from one of subject-centeredness to one of problem centredness.
5. Motivation to learn: As a person matures the motivation to learn is internal.