Purpose of the Qualification
The purpose is to provide a qualification that:
- develops skills of leadership through hospitality and events management education;
- offer opportunities to students who wish to pursue managerial careers in general business, hospitality, and events industries;
- develops flexible approaches to programme delivery and student support which reflect the needs and expectations of our students;
- provides a supportive and inclusive learning environment which will enable success for all learners;
- encourages the development of students’ intellectual and imaginative powers, creativity,independent judgement, critical self-awareness, imagination and skills that will enhance global employment opportunities on graduation in all programmes;
- establishes a culture of constant improvement in learning, teaching and assessment that is anticipatory, enabling, supportive, rewarding and fully aligned with IMI`s vision and strategic objectives, and;
- provides a learning experience that is informed by research, scholarship, reflective practice and engagement with industry and the professions.
10/22 months (with internship option)
Please request more details
Online offered only
- Minimum of a recognised university degree in a relevant hospitality, tourism or management subject. Equivalence for non-UK degrees should be evaluated through NARIC.
- Non-graduates and holders of non-relevant degrees – A minimum of 5 years of evidenced work experience at managerial level within the hospitality & tourism industries.
- Successful completion of a Level 6 Professional Diploma.
All students without English as a first language must hold at least IELTS 6.0 or other evidence of competence in English at this level. Or by Letter from a University confirming the student has studied a program and passed where the course was delivered and assessed in English.
Passing all 8 core modules and final project
|Program Details (courses)||Events Venues & Facilities Management||7||20||60||10||Coursework assessment – Operations report|
|Hospitality Operations||7||10||30||5||Coursework assessment – Operations report|
|New Venture Creation & Innovation in Events||7||20||60||10||Coursework assessment – Group elevator pitch (40%), Group business plan and Oral presentation (60%)|
|Competitive Strategies in Hospitality||7||10||30||5||Coursework assessment – Case study report & presentation report|
|International HRM in Events||7||10||30||5||Examination|
|Finance & Project Management for Events||7||20||60||10||50% Examination 50% Coursework assessment – Group case study|
|Live Events||7||15||45||7.5||Coursework assessment – Group event management plan, report and presentation (70%), Individual post-event reflective report (30%)|
|Contemporary Conference Management||7||15||45||7.5||50% Examination 50% Coursework assessment – Group case study|
|Course details||Events Venues & Facilities Management : An understanding of the role venues and spaces play in strategic event strategy, as well as the legal and administrative aspects.|
|Managerial Finance: Key accounting and finance practice, evaluation and associated decision-making tools.|
|Hospitality Operations : An understanding of hospitality operations & their implications for business output, as well as how these function through a systematic approach.|
|New Venture Creation & Innovation in Events: The generation, design and development of an initial business idea to creating a business plan & securing funding.|
|Competitive Strategies in Hospitality: The impact of external & internal influences on organisational business strategy creation in relation to competitive strategies|
|International HRM in Events: An awareness of the issues surrounding the management of people in hospitality and events.|
|Finance & project management for Events: Budgeting, revenue management, pricing, project management skills and knowledge in an event setting.|
|Live Events: Including operations, logistics, supply chains, client briefs, staffing, planning, food & beverage operations, security, post-event evaluation and client feedback.|
|Contemporary Conference Management: Including an understanding of new market forces, changing client and participant needs and expectations, and economic pressures.|